What We Believe
- The Bible – We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the only inspired inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
- The Trinity – We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ – We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- Redemption – We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- The Holy Spirit – We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in the present evil world.
- The Resurrection – We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- Spiritual Unity – We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
West Church Core Values
- Being a place of GRACE – We are people ‘in process’, not perfect, but being transformed into Christ’s likeness. So, we encourage one another to: Welcome someone! (Romans 15:7).
- Delighting in GOD – We gather regularly to glorify and enjoy the Lord. God is on the loose among us and we expect to see Him at work in one another’s lives. So, we encourage one another to: ‘Waste’ time with God! (Psalm 37:4) because there is no better use of our time.
- Doing life together – We experience the life-transforming power of Jesus through loving relationships in many various community groups. So, we encourage one another to: Have a friend. Be a friend. (Ecc 4:10; Acts 2:42-47).
- Doing ministry together – We gather, equip and launch collaborative ministry teams for local and global outreach because we recognize the significance of each person’s contribution toward ministry. So, we encourage each other to: Make serving your team sport! (1 Cor 12; Luke 10:1-3).
- Following Jesus on a life-long journey – We enjoy discipleship relationships where we receive spiritual nurture and we nurture others because spiritual growth is normal and expected. So, we encourage one another to: Take your next step with Jesus. (2 Cor 3:18; Gal 4:19).